May 16, 2005, 13:47
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — Lewisville, TX — May 13, 2005 — Prime Deli Corporation of Lewisville, Texas is recalling 63,476 units of 7 Eleven Grilled Sandwich and 7 Eleven Big Eats brand sandwiches because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
The sandwiches are labeled with ìHandmade On” codes of 0502 through 0507 located on the product label. The product was packaged in flexible plastic film. Recalled products are as follows:
* 7 Eleven Grilled Sandwich, Grilled Italian Deli on Focaccia Bread with Parmesan Mayonnaise, 7.1 oz, product code 72240
* 7 Eleven Grilled Sandwich, Gilled Chicken with Herb Roasted Tomatoes Sandwich, 6.8 oz, product code 72259
* 7 Eleven Big Eats Turkey, Ham, Cheddar Cheese & Bacon on White Bread, 7.8 oz, product code 01013
* 7 Eleven Big Eats Corned Beef & Swiss Cheese on Sourdough Bread, 8.1 oz, product code 01066
* 7 Eleven Big Eats Black Forest Ham and Mozzarella Cheese on Cracked Wheat Bread with Honey Mustard Mayonnaise & Hot Chopped Red Peppers, 8.8 oz, product code 00322
* 7 Eleven Big Eats Turkey, Ham & Provolone Cheese on Tomato Basil Bread, 7.8 oz, product code 01018
* 7 Eleven Big Eats Turkey, Ham & Swiss Pita with Southwestern Mayonnaise, 9.3 oz, product code 73192
* 7 Eleven Big Eats Turkey & Cheddar Cheese Sub, 4.7 oz, product code 72437
* 7 Eleven Big Eats Colossal Club Sub, 12.6 oz, product code 73444
* 7 Eleven Big Eats Ham & Swiss on Potato Roll, 2.7 oz, product code 73895
* 7 Eleven Big Eats Smoked Turkey & Jack on Wheat Bread, 7.6 oz, product code 71795
* 7 Eleven Big Eats Smoked Turkey & Jack Cheese on Wheat Bread, 3.3 oz, product code 01064
* 7 Eleven Big Eats Turkey and Pepperjack Cheese on Potato Roll, 2.2 oz, product code 71738
* 7 Eleven Big Eats Turkey with Zesty Havarti Cheese on Walnut Scallion Bread with Grilled Onions and Bacon, 9.4 oz, product code 01097
* 7 Eleven Big Eats Croissant with Egg, Ham & Cheese, 4.1 oz, product code 72999
* 7 Eleven Big Eats Smoked Turkey & Spicy Pepperoni on Tomato Basil Bread with Tomato Feta Spread, 8.8 oz, product code 01029
* 7 Eleven Big Eats Chicken Caesar on Cracked Wheat Bread, 8.5 oz, product code 00382
* 7 Eleven Big Eats Ham & Swiss Cheese Sub, 4.9 oz, product code 70063
* 7 Eleven Big Eats Turkey & Swiss Pita, 9.5 oz, product code 70730
* 7 Eleven Big Eats Ham & Cheese Sandwich, 5.5 oz, product code 74728
All 7 Eleven Grilled Sandwich and 7 Eleven Big Eats brand sandwiches were sold in 7 Eleven stores in North and Central Texas.
There have been no reports of illnesses associated with the recalled product. The problem was discovered through FDA sampling during an inspection. Prime Deli Corporation is working with the FDA to ensure that the problem has been resolved.
Consumers who have purchased 7 Eleven Grilled Sandwich and 7 Eleven Big Eats brand sandwiches are urged to return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact Janey Carpenter at 214-841-6585. For media questions contact Kevin Gardner 214-828-7694.
Craig P. Weidner