January 6, 2006
The Advertiser (Australia)
CONROY’S Smallgoods products rolled off the production line and into supermarkets yesterday, with shoppers confident stringent quality control, following the listeria outbreak last month, no longer is an issue.
While only selected products, including fritz and cabana, were available at retail outlets, it was expected 95 per cent of the range would be back in shops by Wednesday. Joint managing director Pat Conroy was “delighted” to see products rolling out again as the company attempted to recover from losses estimated at nearly $2 million after a forced shutdown.
“The vibe around Conroy’s is very positive,” he said yesterday.
“We also know that we have a huge challenge in front of us over coming weeks and months.
“Conroy’s customers will be our judges.”
Jim Thomson, one of the first customers buying cabana at Fulham Foodland yesterday, said he wasn’t worried about any further outbreak of listeria.