K. Heeps, an Upper Macungie Township food manufacturer and wholesaler, said Wednesday it was recalling 171/2 pounds of turkey possibly contaminated with a bacteria that is particularly harmful to pregnant women, children and people with weakened immune systems.

The company said the recalled product was sold as sliced turkey breast to an unnamed restaurant in Reading. The U.S. Department of Agriculture routinely does not identify the restaurant that served the potentially tainted meat.

According to USDA, the turkey may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, a bacteria that can cause listeriosis, which can produce fever, headache, nausea, vomiting and in severe cases, infection and death.