Harris Teeter grocery stores are recalling eight seafood products that may be contaminated with Listeria bacteria.
The bacteria, which can cause serious or life-threatening illness, are most commonly found in raw foods. Symptoms of illness may include fever, muscle aches, nausea or diarrhea.
Harris Teeter said it was told by its manufacturer 3 Fish, Inc. that certain crab and lobster products contain onions that may be contaminated with Listeria.
Customers who may have purchased the following products between Sept. 3 and Sept. 7 are asked to return them to a Harris Teeter store for a full refund:
• Crab Stuffed Flounder, UPC #0020822400000
• Crab Stuffed Salmon, UPC #0020822500000
• Crab Stuffed Tilapia, UPC #0020822600000
• Maryland Style Crab Cakes, 4 oz, UPC #0020967400000
• Deviled Stuffed Crab, UPC #0020966700000
• The Charleston Crab Cake, 4 oz, UPC #0020966900000
• Signature Lump Crab Cake, 4 oz, UPC #0020967000000
• Signature Lobster Cake, 3 oz, UPC #0020967100000